12 Reasons Why Your Website Should Render to a Mobile Version
1. A mobilized website loads onto a smart phone in seconds not in minutes. What do you do when a website doesn’t quickly load onto your phone? That is what will happen every time one of your customers or clients can’t view your site within seconds.
2. How annoying is it when you can’t read the FONT on a non mobilized site? Do you really think anybody can read a 4 point font on a screen that is a total of 4 square inches? That is what your site looks like if it is not mobilized.
3. How much fun is it to navigate from side to side or scrolling up and down on your 4 square inch screen with a non-mobile site? A mobilized site is easy to navigate and helps you to quickly find what you need. SPEED is the key. It is also what your customers expect. They will not wait.
4. According to research conducted by Yahoo, The Gartner Group and Forrester Research, consumers are now using their mobile devices to research, shop and browse as much as, if not more, than their computers at home or at the office. Do you know anybody that wants to be tethered to their home computer?
5. According to this same research when your site is not mobile friendly your prospective customer will find a competitor where they can easily see and navigate the site for the information they are trying to find. Usually it’s just the basics they want – your phone number, an address, a short narrative or video about what you do, or a google map to your location. They are typically NOT doing any heavy research. Think of your own habits and what you do on your smart phone and where you use it.
6. With a mobilized web site you will be giving your current clients a much easier way to refer business to you by simply forwarding your web address. And they will be doing it the way we are all living our lives now, via a text message or from smart phone to smart phone.
7. When doing your business networking you now have a field tool to support your marketing efforts. Right then and there ask your potential client or customer to go to the mobile version of your website. Why ask them to wait to get onto your site from their home computer? Create a positive first impression immediately!
8. Your brand will be reinforced by every customer that can actually navigate and easily see the information on your mobile website.
9. The data indicates that traffic to businesses with a mobile friendly site have increased over 50%. That is just the beginning, though, as more and more consumers get access to the mobile web, more will be visiting websites that have been optimized for smart phones.
10. The most profitable way to add sales is by getting your current customers to buy from you more often. A website that is mobile friendly is also customer friendly. It builds loyalty as your customers find the information they need, when they want it on their smart phones.
11. Overall, your new mobile site will find many, many ways to make your customers happier, and that of course, will make you even happier.
12. The timing is perfect for you to add in a mobile website into your business. And, it doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg to get a one. Our team has solutions that will meet your budget. Please consider giving us a call.
WHAT ABOUT APPS? EVERYONE HAS ONE – SHOULD WE DO AN APP?
The short answer is No! Not unless you have an extra $15-20,000 dollars lying around and you’re prepared to spend 3 times that every year to keep your app and your second brand front and center on that 4 inches of Smartphone screen real estate.
Wouldn’t it be easier to stick with your current brand – your own website rather than brand your current site AND a brand new App? If you have the exception to the rule and your App commands that 4 inch screen because it’s as important as the other Icons on the Front of the Smartphone then go for it, but keep in mind you are diluting the brand recognition and the name reputation you have worked on for years and be prepared to continually remind the world you have a new way to find you on your new App with a brand new URL.
If your current website were mobilized for a fraction of the cost it takes to build, brand, and market an App you wouldn’t need one. That is the simple truth and the secret behind the App craze. It’s absolutely a fantastic marketing tool for the right companies, however, there are very few companies that command that loyalty from their clients or where the demand is there for a separate URL address.